Gus and Harry Mosinger opened Mosinger Brothers shoe business in 1916. They specialized in purchasing factory damaged and job lot shoes and sold them to independent retail stores. Harold joined the business in 1947. A short time later Harry passed away and Ruby Cohn became a partner. The name was changed to Mosinger-Cohn.
The business expanded and Mosinger-Cohn opened offices in New York, Dallas, Atlanta and LA. The main operation continued out of a large warehouse building located at 1235 Washington Avenue in St. Louis. Jack Mosinger joined the company in 1978, and continued working with Harold until Harold retired in 1993.
A site dedicated to those who want to learn more about the Mosinger Surname
Mosinger Family Genealogy